INSTA 70 2.0 Days REVISION PLAN
Welcome to our INSTA Revision Plan 2.0 & 3.0 to give wings to your Preparation for the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary cum Mains Examination – 2021
The following Insta RevisionTest is part of the detailed Insta Plan 2.0 which we have given you (CLICK HERE) recently. Read and internalise the plan before you start giving these tests. If you are already very well prepared, you can give these tests as stand-alone tests for extra practice.
The Insta 70 Days Plan received huge response from all of you. Questions were appreciated. In the Insta 2.0, we are further ensuring that questions are of high quality and are intended to help you eventually ace in the actual preliminary exam 2020 as well as Mains Exam.
We will concentrate solely on Prelims in Insta 3.0.
You are blessed with 4 more months and if you utilise these months smartly and sincerely, you will not only improve Prelims scores, but also get better at writing GS answers and essays before Prelims-2021. All that matters is your consistency.
Post your comments, queries, scores, feedback or suggestions in the comments section. Explode(i.e. bring positivity) this platform with your participation.
Wish you Good Luck! 🙂
Post your INSTA Revision Test score as well as your answers for the below Mains Questions in the Comments section for review.
1. What shortcomings in forward and backward linkages have constrained the food processing industry from growing at par with its potential in India? Examine. (250 words)
2. What are the different post-harvest challenges in India’s farm sector? How can various marketing reforms help the farmers in doubling their income? Discuss. (250 words)
Ethics question :
1. The sole threat to administrative ethics is power abuse. Misuse of power by Civil Servants for self-interest or otherwise at the cost of public interest is rampant. In this regard, three concerns are often highlighted which has to be focused so that power utilization is accompanied by integrity and ethics:
- Abuse of power is often left unquestioned with impunity
- A system that is conducive for whistle-blowing about power abuse is lacking
- Anticipation and prevention of possible power abuses is not done
Suggest reforms in our governance set-up and processes to fix the above concerns. (20M)
2. You are working in the electricity department of a State. You are assigned with electrifying all the villages of the State under Saubhagya scheme. Around 35 personnel work under your supervision. A seemingly honest subordinate has come to you and said that he has unearthed a major corruption done in a village by local authorities in collusion with elected panchayat members.
Being an officer of integrity, you have asked him to submit a detailed report in two days. But the politicians and local authorities have approached your subordinate and encouraged him to help them in return for a share in the lump sum amount siphoned off by them. Being convinced, your subordinate comes to you after two days and claims that he has mistakenly believed there has been a corruption, but in reality he claims no such irregularity has occurred.
Answer the following:
- What are the ethical issues in this case?
- How will you respond to the changed opinion of your subordinate?
Download answer booklet for MAINS test HERE