Part of: GS Prelims and GS -III – Biotechnology
In news Recently, Biotech-PRIDE (Promotion of Research and Innovation through Data Exchange) Guidelines was released by the Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Further, a website of Indian Biological Data Centre (IBDC) was also launched.
About Biotech-PRIDE Guidelines
- These guidelines envisage to bridge other existing biological datasets/data centres with the IBDC, which will be called Bio-Grid.
- This Bio-Grid will be a National Repository for biological knowledge, information and data.
- Also, Bio-Grid will be responsible for enabling its exchange, developing measures for safety, standards and quality for datasets and establishing detailed modalities for accessing data.
- These guidelines will be implemented through Indian Biological Data Centre (IBDC).
- Currently, India ranks number 4 amongst the top 20 countries contributing biological databases.
Important Schemes and Policies Regarding Biotech
News Source: PIB